Who better to embody glitter and glam that Marie Antoinette? Today’s Inspired Creations Contest idea from the Atlanta team of Lara Molettiere Events, Earthly Affair, Edward Zeltser Photography, and I Do Linens captures the sweet feminine glamour of Marie with sparkle, metallics, feathers, gold gilded roses, pearls, crystals, and many other elegant vintage touches! And best of all, there are eco-friendly touches everywhere – all of the stationery items are created from 100% post consumer recycled paper, the favors are repurposed baby food jars with organic lavender plants, the tea tray stand is vintage china, and all shipping was offset through Carbonfund.org.
The dessert set-up is all about the sweets! Gold gilded cake, roses, even gold sugar for the pink tea accompanying macarons and cupcakes. A delightful pink and gold tea tray stand serves up tiny meringues, mini cupcakes, and beautiful macarons made from this Martha Stewart recipe.
A bowl of candied rose petals, mint leaves, and orchids adds a sweet sparkle to the tabletop. You will need:
- Parchment paper
- Food-grade rose petals and orchids (to avoid pesticides)
- Mint leaves
- Small paint brush
- One egg white (at room temperature)
- Fine white granulated sugar
- Add a few drops of cold water to the egg white and whisk until a light froth forms on top
- Take the tweezers and pick up a petal, brush both sides gently with egg white, then lightly sprinkle the sugar over both sides
- Gently place on parchment paper and allow to dry overnight
- Store in an airtight container, and best used fresh
The following Atlanta wedding vendors contributed to this Inspired Creations Contest concept:
Event design and floral – Lara Molettiere Events \ Eco-friendly Stationery – Earthly Affair \ Photography – Edward Zeltser Photography \ Linens – I Do Linens \ Cake – Sweet Sensations \ Calligraphy – Dreamweaver Calligraphy \ Venue – The Atlanta History Center, The Swan House \ Umbrella – Bella Umbrella \ Tea stand – High Tea for Alice \ Rentals – Event Rentals Unlimited
For more Atlanta wedding inspiration, visit the Atlanta local wedding guide!