Hi everyone! Rachel here for Furbaby Friday! As some of you might know, we like dogs in our household. That is kind of an understatement – we love dogs! And we are now the proud parents of dog #5 – Lady the Labrador.
Lady came into our lives late one night while we were on the way to pick up some dinner, running straight at our headlights, out of the darkness. We spent most of the following day trying to find her owner – checking for a microchip, driving around all the nearby neighborhoods to look for “Lost” posters, printing and posting our own “Found” posters all over the area, and posting ads online at Pets911.com and Craigslist. After 4 weeks and no inquiries, we just couldn’t believe that somebody hadn’t come forward to claim such a well-behaved (for a 1 year old!), sweet, and healthy dog. After losing our big dog last November, it was almost like it was meant to be.
1) Her favorite toy? Tennis balls, anything that squeeks, rope toys….. she’s 1, so really anything she can get her mouth on she loves. Including her brother JJ, her best furr-buddy (see him in the background above, with a big smile??).
2) Her favorite treat is ice. Really! We can’t even give ice to any of the other dogs because she’ll steal it from them! She also really likes Milkbones, cheese, and apples.
3) Her favorite place to nap is curled up right next to someone, preferably one of us, of course! Have I mentioned that she thinks she’s a little dog??
4) Her favorite place to go is most definitely her training class at PetsMart! She’s realized that when we go there, she gets lots and lots and lots of treats. Sometimes whole bagfuls. Her second favorite place to go to is the dog park to chase frisbees and tennis balls.
5) Lady’s best move is definitely “sit” right now. She’s learning to lay down, and all the other great stuff they teach you in beginner classes, but she has “sit” down pat. She’s learned that most of the time, if she comes up to you and sits, she’ll get lots of love and attention (and possibly a treat!).
Want to have your little one featured on Furbaby Friday? Send an email with furbaby pictures to [living at elizabeth anne designs dot com] with the subject “Furbaby Friday” with your furbaby photos (at least 600px in width please), a couple of sentences about their stinkin’ cute personalities, and answer these questions on their behalf:
1) Favorite toy
2) Favorite treat
3) Favorite place to nap
4) Favorite travel destination (ex: petsmart, grandma’s house, the park, etc)
5) Best trick (or as I like to say “best move” – as in, Charlie’s adorable stretch where he pulls his little wrists up to his face and then pushes his arms down his chest is his best move!)