Today’s gorgeous Inspired Creations Contest concept was created by the team of Revert Photo, A Touch of Bliss, Bella Fiori, and Makeup by Janine. The inspiration comes from all around the home – which is where the heart is, as they say!
This wedding vision is perfect for the couple who loves a natural, clean color palette with a few punches of color and richness and has a fondness for the West Elm style. My favorite element of the shoot is the gorgeous place settings, which featured coffee beans, succulents, and unique coffee-stained place cards.
A tablescape using natural elements of lush greenery and rich coffee beans contrasted nicely with stark white dishware and brightly colored fabrics. Textures varied from roughly constructed placemats of dried reeds to the smooth and satiny surfaces of a Jonathan Adler vase.
A fun and modern bouquet of spider mums and banana leaves was the perfect compliment to the fresh decor, and a capiz shell necklace added a bold statement to the simple, asymmetrical gown.
To create the unique coffee-stained escort cards:
1. Choose a well-textured, heavy cardstock to be used for your placecards.
2. Cut the cardstock to the size you want and amount of cards you will need (plus a few extra).
3. Brew a pot of your favorite coffee.
4. In a shallow bowl pour about half an inch of the coffee.
5. Place a coffee mug in the bowl of coffee so that the very bottom is submerged.
6. Carefully remove the mug from the bowl and place it on a piece of the cardstock you cut out.
7. Let the mug sit on the cardstock for a few seconds.
8. While holding the cardstock down on your work surface, remove the coffee mug by lifting straight up.
9. Don’t worry about any drips or unevenness! It adds to the design and uniqueness of each piece.
10. Find a sunny spot (out of the breeze!) inside where all of your coffee stained escort cards can dry.
11. Once they are fully dry, use a dark brown pen or paint to start writing the names of your guests.
12. We used succulents from the place setting as cardholders, but there are many other options. For example, the escort card display table could be a large shallow tray with coffee beans poured into it, about an inch deep. Simply stand the coffee stained cards in it alphabetically for a fun (and aromatic) escort card display.
The team shares:
“Home décor is a wonderful tool to use for inspiration because it truly can be applied to anyone. Even if your home isn’t decorated in the exact way you want it yet, you still most likely have a style and feeling that you’re attracted to in a home. Find elements of this style in home magazines and blogs. It will lend a fresh, unique feel to your wedding and help you to finally put that stake in the ground and really start designing your wedding in a way that is completely you.”
For more images from this home decor-inspired concept, visit The Sweetest Occasion! The following Denver wedding vendors contributed to this Inspired Creations Contest concept:
Photography – Revert Photo
Concept design and planning – A Touch of Bliss
Concept design and floral – Bella Fiori
Makeup – Makeup by Janine
Model – Bonnie from Premier Image Agency
Hair – Hilary Hackney