Everyone loves sweet treats, so what better idea than this hand-stamped favor box that adds a personal touch to the always-popular edible favors. Andrea Gray Harper stops by today to share the how-to!
- kraft paper boxes (these are 6x6x4 in size)
- glue gun and glue sticks
- sewing machine
- rubber stamps and ink pad
- streamer paper
- sewing thread
1. On the inside flap of the lid of the box, stamp your message using the rubber stamps and ink. We chose “Thank You”, but you could say “Love is Sweet” or even stamp the date and your names if you have some number stamps.
2. Using a sewing machine, sew a straight stitch using the longest stitch length about a sixth of an inch in from the edge of the streamer paper. Do this until you have about a foot of sewn streamer paper per flower.
3. Pull on one strand of thread and the paper will begin to ruffle. You will notice that the paper will begin to form a circle, creating the flower shape.
4. Cut away any excess paper and set flower aside. Cut two strips of ribbon about 3 inches in length. Trim one of the ends to give it the pointed arrow look. Glue ribbons to top lid of box, overlapping them in an up-side-down V shape.
5. Glue flower to center, and finish with a bead in the center.
Last but not least, fill with your favorite treats!